The University in Berlin
Vacancy at the Berlin University for a professorship (W2) in the field of Health Informatics, which may and should also initiate its own research projects. A Bachelor's programme in Computer Science in Culture and Health and a Master's programme in Applied Computer Science are offered.
The Chair of Health Informatics in Berlin
The teaching assignment is in Bachelor's and Master's degree programmes of the department at the University in Berlin. Focal points of the Department of Health Informatics are:
- Medical information systems and image data processing
- Mobile applications in health care
- Analysis of high-throughput data and machine learning
- Legal aspects of digitalisation in the health sector
Duties and responsibilities as a professor
The willingness to take over basic courses in computer science, such as programming or software engineering, especially in the context of health informatics, is expected. Within the framework of the professorship, supervision of project, research and final theses is also required.
Actively contribute to the university development within the framework of academic self-administration.
When applying, please indicate topics that you represent or would like to represent in research.
Your competence profile as a computer scientist with a doctorate (m/f/d)
Hiring requirements for professors (Berlin Higher Education Act):
5 years of relevant professional experience, including 3 years outside of university.
Specifically, the following qualifications are requested:
You have successfully completed a doctorate in the field of computer science or information technology.
You have verifiable didactic skills and experience in conducting courses.
You have an excellent command of written and spoken English and German.
Severely disabled applicants are given preferential consideration in the event of equal qualification.
The University in Berlin offers you
- A full-time nomination as a professor.
- Lifetime professorship in Berlin
- The University will support you with its services for further qualification in the areas of teaching and didactics.
- The University Berlin strives to increase the number of female professors and explicitly invites women with a doctorate to apply.